It’s only less than 100 days before Christmas but that’s still enough time for any entrepreneur to take advantage of the opportunities for the season.
What businesses can you start during the Ber Months? Here are a few:
1. Offer Christmas decorations – Us Filipinos love Christmas so much we celebrate it three months early. By September, we already have Christmas trees and parol on our window.
Thus, it is a good idea to sell Christmas decorations. Try selling small items like Christmas balls, or bigger items like Christmas lights or giant lighted lanterns from Pampanga.
2. Sell toys for kids – Christmas is the gift-giving season. Children all over expect to receive their favorite toys this season, so it is not a bad idea to be a toy seller for this period.
3. Cook Christmas food – Filipinos have several delicacies that we like eating during the ber months. There’s bibingka, fruitcake, puto bumbong, and ham. It’s a good idea to cook these and sell them in your neighborhood.
4. Make and sell apparel – The Christmas period is the only time when we can enjoy a cooler season, so many of us buy new apparel for it. Why not try selling a line of clothes for the season, including jackets, sweaters, beanies and even shirts with Christmas designs?
5. Create planners and calendars – Lastly, don’t forget that the ber months also signal the coming New Year. Many of us are excited for this, and anticipate it by making a lot of plans. Why not create and print planners and calendars that you can sell online?
Do you have other business ideas? Sound off in the comments.